Last week, Big Communications announced that we’re the new Agency of Record for Valvoline™.
Which means many of us will be spending lots of quality time with Jamal K. Muashsher, Director of Marketing, Valvoline™ Global Brands.
We’ve spent plenty of time behind the scenes getting to know the Valvoline™ brand in recent months. But we want to open the curtains a bit, and what better way to do that than to dive into the mind of the man who knows their brand best.
Take it away, Jamal.
- What is it about the Valvoline™ brand that first drew you in?
The opportunity to work on an iconic American brand definitely drew me in, but it was actually second to the people. We have an amazing team of passionate people who make Valvoline™ what it has been for nearly 150 years.
- Have you always been into cars or did working at Valvoline™ turn you into a gear head?
I’ve always been into cars, but working at Valvoline™ has helped expand my passion into new areas.
- What’s your dream ride? Or if you’re a beater builder, what make and model would you start with?
It may sound odd to some, but my dream ride would be a 1970s Cadillac Eldorado Convertible or a 1980s Fleetwood Brougham. I can recall growing up with the 2 big body Cadillacs my father had. One was a 1985 Fleetwood Brougham which is what I actually learned to drive on. It definitely brings back great memories.
- What’s your favorite style of racing or motorsport?
Valvoline is based in Lexington, Kentucky, so I love horse racing. As it relates to the other kind of horsepower, I am a fan of several styles, including NASCAR, which I have followed for several years, and IndyCar, which I grew up watching. I remember going to Indy when I was around 8 years old for the time trials and the sound the cars made as they went by. I was an instant fan.
- Who’s your favorite social media or content follow in the DIY/motorsports world?
This is a tough one because there are a lot of great options in the auto/motorsports space. My favorite follow in Motorsports is Dale Earnhardt, Jr. He has an authentic, engaging approach to his social media that I appreciate. I would have to say the same about Chris Forsberg and Ryan Tuerck, who we have had the opportunity to partner with over the past year.
- You’ve worked with a variety of different agencies over the years. What stands out to you about Big?
In my experience, agencies can have similar models and capabilities, but it’s the people who make the difference. In a short period of time, the team at Big has demonstrated an enormous level of talent, strategy and passion that we believe will be a great fit for the Valvoline brand.
- Our president, John Montgomery, is a bit of a character. Are y’all sure you’re prepared to work with him?
Absolutely! I’m sure John and the rest of the team will keep things interesting, which was a factor in drawing us to Big.