Big Communications is looking for a Senior Digital Media Buyer/Planner that will be responsible for developing and implementing media plans by negotiating and securing the planned buys, and tracking the results.
Candidates must be well versed in all aspects of media buying, traditional and nontraditional, and should be alert to changes and new opportunities of interest to clients and compatible with client goals or objectives.
A thorough knowledge of industry trends and an ability to work with ad buying and tracking software as well as online tracking and monitoring tools are important. Candidates must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Work with the Media Director to develop strategy and implement media plans to meet client goals
- Present media plans and/or POVs clearly in writing and orally
- Track, recommend, and implement digital optimization for assigned clients
- Manage a DMP, DSP, DCM, Ad Server, and various planning/research tools
- Develop and execute paid search campaign recommendations and optimizations in Google Adwords
- Manage media partners’ RFP process and maintain strong relationships with all media vendors
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure the most cost-effective buys and most efficient and creative placements
- Negotiate value-added sponsorships and promotions with every buy possible
- Track the market for trends, opportunities, etc. and use this information to recommend strategy changes and revisions where data indicates it is necessary.
- Maintain digital records of all advertising and marketing contracts for assigned clients
- Manage budgets, order entry, reconciliation, weekly/monthly reporting, and quarterly post analysis reports for assigned clients
- Research and compile statistics on campaign KPIs for personal reference and to educate Account Management team members and assigned clients
- Develop creative briefs and specs for digital media assets
- Understand and clearly explain all advertising options to Account Management team members
- Build a network of media contacts to utilize as information and research resources for the agency and its clients
- Advise agency and clients when advertising opportunities arise
- Expand knowledge of media buying software, research tools, and buying practices
- Coordinate ad trafficking with Media/Traffic Coordinator
- Maintain media buying and tracking systems and software
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Extensively familiar with adserving platforms and overseeing ad tagging, testing, tracking, QA, and troubleshooting
- An advanced understanding of both native and sponsored content
- Spanish language skills encouraged
- Social media buying history/knowledge preferred
- Traditional media planning and buying capabilities
- At least 5 years experience in media planning and placement with an emphasis on digital buying
- Experience buying digital media for general and Hispanic markets
- Experience with expedient planning and execution timeframes
- Extensive knowledge of SBMS/Strata, SQAD, Nielsen, DoubleClick, Oracle, ComScore, Google Analytics, and Scarborough platforms
- Advanced understanding of Apple Suite and Microsoft Office platforms
If you’d like to apply for the position, please email us at email@example.com and include “Senior Digital Media Buyer/Planner” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.