Nimble. Hungry. Unforgettable. Big is seeking a driven, inspired social media professional that’s looking to gain experience at a national award-winning agency in a small agency atmosphere. At Big, we expect all of our team members to help make us better by being a dynamic part of our unorthodox culture while being awesome at their assignments. This position is based in Birmingham, Alabama, and will answer to the Digital Community Manager and ultimately the Chief Strategy Officer.
WHO YOU ARE
A quick-witted doer with a keen attention to detail and a love for internet/tech trends, tools, and culture, and a hardworking self-starter eager to contribute to a fast-paced team. You must have excellent written and oral communication skills, familiarity of Apple products and digital media tools, spreadsheet software, and experience managing social media channels.
WHAT YOU DO
The Assistant Digital Community Manager develops, writes and edits original copy for social media channels, and other interactive properties. This person works as part of an assigned team that may include social media strategists, content creators, web designers, art directors, copywriters, and developers. It is the writer’s task to shape the marketing and brand message into compelling social content. Additionally, this position is responsible for mining trends and opportunities for brands to engage with social communities.
The digital community manager must have excellent written and oral communication skills, well-developed problem-solving skills, and a fine eye for detail. An ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is critical. This person should have experience in social media writing, community engagement, social media platform development.
- Writes and posts copy for agency and client interactive/social properties to meet client strategic planning objectives.
- Selects features and content targeted to selected marketing audiences.
- Monitors and responds within 30 minutes to posts on selected client’s social media channels. Posting and monitoring on the weekend is required as well.
- Coordinates interactive/social content with other client promotional and marketing materials to ensure copy and content is current and supports/enhances overall strategic marketing plan.
- Ensures social copy and content is proofed and correct prior to presentation to clients, and again before final uploading to live sites or other interactive properties.
- Researches clients’ products/services/image/competition to ensure ability to write accurate, on-target copy/concepts for assigned interactive/social
- Maintains a reference library of client source material, and client competitors’ marketing and advertising efforts.
- Assists in measurement and tracking of social community effectiveness with a view to continually improving functionality and attracting increased traffic.
- Periodically reviews websites and other interactive properties and recommends content updates.
- Stays current with web trends, tools and practices, and shares this knowledge with interactive copy and design associates.
- Interest in B2C focus. Industry work could include: automotive, food & beverage, tourism, etc.
This position is a 3-4 month contract period to be paid hourly, 20+ hrs/week.