WHO YOU ARE
Creative. Coachable. Relentless. Big is seeking a collaborative, self-motivated social media professional that’s looking for a full-time positioning working on content and social for a global brand. The right candidate must be a doer, a hand-raiser, and a person who loves getting into the mess with their teammates. He/she must also have a keen attention to detail and a love for internet/tech trends, writing, and culture. This position is based in Birmingham, Alabama, and will answer to the Digital Strategist and the Chief Strategy Officer. Social media experience is required and automotive experience is a plus.
WHAT YOU DO
The Content Creator develops, writes, and edits original copy for all branded social media and digital channels. In addition to community management and dialoguing with social followers, this position is responsible for mining trends and opportunities for brands to engage with social communities. This person will work as part of a comprehensive team that will include digital and content strategists, PR specialists, creatives, and account managers.
The right candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, well-developed problem-solving skills, and an impeccable eye for detail. An ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is critical. This person should have experience in social media writing, community engagement, and social media platform development.
- Writes and posts copy for agency and client interactive/social properties to meet client strategic objectives.
- Cultivates a digital communities on behalf of brands, including monitoring and responding within 30 minutes to posts on selected client’s social media channels. Posting and monitoring on the weekend is required as well.
- Coordinates interactive/social content with other brand materials to ensure copy and content is supports/enhances overall strategic marketing plan.
- Ensures social copy and content is proofed and correct prior to presentation to clients, and again before final uploading/posting online.
- Researches clients’ products/services/image/competition to ensure ability to write accurate, on-target copy/concepts for assigned interactive/social.
- Maintains a reference library of client source material, and client competitors’ marketing and advertising efforts.
- Assists in measurement and tracking of social community effectiveness with a view to continually improving functionality and attracting increased traffic.
- Periodically reviews websites and other interactive properties and recommends content updates.
- Stays current with web trends, tools and practices, and shares this knowledge with interactive copy and design associates.