WHO YOU ARE
Creative. Versatile. Relentless. Big is seeking a collaborative, self-motivated social media professional that’s looking for a full-time position working on content and social for a global brand. The right candidate must be a doer, a hand-raiser, and a person who loves getting into the mess with their teammates. He/she must also have a keen attention to detail and a love for internet/tech trends, writing, and culture. This is a mid-level position based in Birmingham, Alabama that will answer to the Digital Strategist and the Chief Strategy Officer. Social media experience is required and automotive experience is a plus.
WHAT YOU DO
The Content Creator develops, writes, and edits original copy for all branded social media and digital channels. In addition to community management and dialoguing with social followers, this position is responsible for mining trends and opportunities for brands to engage with social communities. This person will work as part of a comprehensive team that will include digital and content strategists, PR specialists, creatives, and account managers.
The right candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, well- developed problem-solving skills, and an impeccable eye for detail. An ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is critical. This person should have experience in social media writing, community engagement, and social media platform development.
- Writes and posts copy for agency and client interactive/social properties to meet client’s strategic objectives.
- Cultivates digital communities on behalf of brands, including monitoring and responding within 30 minutes to posts on selected client’s social media channels. Posting and monitoring on the weekend is also required.
- Coordinates interactive/social content with other brand materials to ensure copy and content supports/enhances overall strategic marketing plan.
- Maintains calendar and publishing tools for clients’ social content.
- Compiles client-facing documents for campaign copy/creative approval.
- Ensures social copy and content is proofed and correct prior to presentation to clients,
and again before final uploading/posting online.
- Researches clients’ products/services/image/competition to ensure ability to write
accurate, on-target copy/concepts for assigned interactive/social.
- Maintains a reference library of client source material, and client competitors’
marketing and advertising efforts.
- Assists in measurement and tracking of social community effectiveness with a view to
continually improving functionality and attracting increased traffic.
- Periodically reviews websites and other interactive properties and recommends content
- Stays current with web trends, tools and practices, and shares this knowledge with
interactive copy and design associates.