THE DIGITAL MEDIA BUYER/PLANNER is responsible for developing and implementing media plans by negotiating and securing the planned buys, and tracking the results. This person must be well versed in all aspects of media buying, traditional and nontraditional, and should be alert to changes and new opportunities of interest to clients and compatible with client goals or objectives.
A thorough knowledge of industry trends, an ability to work with ad buying and tracking software as well as online tracking and monitoring tools are important. This person must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
Reports to the Media Director.
- Works with the Media Director to develop strategy and implement media plans to meet client goals.
- Presents media plans and/or POV’s clearly in writing and orally
- Responsible for tracking, recommending and implementing digital optimization for assigned clients
- Responsible for management of a DMP, DSP, DCM, Ad Server and various planning/research tools
- Develop and execute paid search campaign recommendations and optimizations in Google Adwords
- Manage media partners RFP process and maintain strong relationships with all media vendors
- Negotiates with vendors to ensure the most cost-effective buys and most efficient and creative placements
- Negotiates value-added sponsorships and promotions with every buy possible
- Tracks the market for trends, opportunities, etc. and uses this information to recommend strategy changes and revisions where data indicates it is necessary.
- Maintain digital records of all advertising and marketing contracts for assigned clients
- Manage budgets, order entry, reconciliation, weekly/monthly reporting and quarterly post analysis reports for assigned clients
- Researches and compiles statistics on campaign KPI’s, for personal reference and to educate Account Management team members and assigned clients
- Develops creative briefs and specs for digital media assets
- Understands and can clearly explain all advertising options to Account Management team members
- Builds a network of media contacts to utilize as information and research resources for the agency and its clients
- Advises agency and clients when advertising opportunities arise.
- Expanding knowledge of media buying software, research tools and buying practices
- Coordinates ad trafficking with Media/Traffic Coordinator
- Maintains media buying and tracking systems and software
Knowledge & Skills:
- Extensively familiar with adserving platforms and oversees ad tagging, testing, tracking, QA and troubleshooting.
- Has an advanced understanding of both native and sponsored content
- Spanish language skills encouraged
- Social media buying history/knowledge preferred
- At least 3 years experience in media planning and placement with an emphasis on digital buying
- Experience buying digital media for general and Hispanic markets
- Experience with expedient planning and execution timeframes
- Extensive knowledge of SBMS/Strata, SQAD, Nielsen, DoubleClick, Oracle, ComScore, Google Analytics and Scarborough platforms
- Advanced understanding of Apple Suite and Microsoft Office platforms