The Finance & Administrative Coordinator is an expert multitasker. They are the first member of staff encountered or spoken to by any visitor/caller to the agency. Therefore, they should strive to always present a friendly but professional appearance and manner. The agency expects this manner to extend to the expert fielding of client calls and the efficient noting of messages. This person is responsible for general office appearance and works to ensure all personnel enjoy good working conditions.
The Administrative Coordinator assists in carrying out administrative duties alongside the Operations Department personnel. This person purchases general agency supplies and carries out all requests for equipment and software purchases, working in conjunction with the Talent & Culture Lead to make such purchases when the agency budget allows.
As a Finance Coordinator as well, they are able to switch gears quickly to take care of any accounting needs required of them. They should be organized and efficient in handling matters of accounts payable, including: processing invoices and expense reports, and issuing payments. Likewise, they are helpful when asked for anything the accounting department may require.
The Finance & Administrative Coordinator is a highly valued ‘jack/jackie-of-all-trades’ type that loves a fast-paced environment and friendly atmosphere.
Reports to the Talent & Culture Lead and the Director of Finance.
- Owns responsibilities of hospitality for Big Communications employees and guests, including general receptionist duties
- Answers all phone calls in a friendly and professional manner, and routes calls to the appropriate staff members
- Distributes daily mail and arranges express shipments
- Maintains schedules for conference rooms, assists with meeting setup as requested
- Maintains conference rooms and common areas, ensuring a neat and orderly appearance
- Maintains printers and mailroom
- Manages all office supply and grocery orders
- Assists with corporate events, parties, lunches, etc.
- Orders and picks up lunch when requested
- Plans and arranges travel as needed
- Assists with management of building maintenance
- Assists with management of all IT equipment and processes
- Other duties as required by the Talent and Culture Lead
- Owns responsibilities of accounts payable cycle, including processing all vendor invoices and expense reports, and issuing payments
- Reconciles credit card charges on a weekly basis
- Creates new vendors as needed, obtains W9 forms and maintains vendor master records
- Issues year-end vendor 1099 forms
- Creates purchase orders for administrative purchases
- Assists with client billing and support documentation as needed, and mails client invoices
- Assists with state, county, and city use tax filings
- Makes daily deposits
- Maintains filing for accounting
- Other duties as required by the Accounting department