The Media Intern provides support to the media team, on request, for all client inquiries. Responsibilities would range from data entry and proofing to research assistance and interaction with other teams throughout the agency. Whenever possible, the media intern provides hospitality services on behalf of the media department and/or the agency; this may include tasks such as a personal welcome to clients; preparation of meeting rooms and/or facilities for client meetings; agency tours; or any other hospitality functions requested by the media team.
The media intern would report to the Media Director.
Who You Are
A quick-witted doer with a keen attention to detail, a love for media math, and a desire to adapt see what the digital media landscape means in 2018.
A hardworking self-starter eager to contribute to a fast-paced team.
- Assists in media planning functions.
- Provides research for media planning, including: contacting publications and other
media to obtain information, requesting and reviewing media kits to obtain information, meeting with media representatives one-on-one, obtaining industry-specific information from trade associations, etc.
- Compiles and interprets media data and statistics.
- Develop and execute social amplification as directed by senior level buyers.
- Answers all calls/emails from media representatives, gathering any information required,
and referring them to the Media Director or buyer.
- Is involved in meetings with media representatives.
- Maintains client tear sheet files and proof of performance files where required.
- Codes and enters bottom line invoices into Strata for payment.
- Assist Media Coordinator in reporting for all clients and distributes to appropriate
- Assists business operations team as needed; provides lunch hour telephone relief.
The position is part-time and aligns with the the current semester calendar.