You’ve started your PR career, but it’s time to move on from that first job to something bigger and better—somewhere you can get experience on big brands that will catapult you forward. But can you do that in Birmingham? Yes, you most certainly can at Big. Fast-track the next chapter in your public relations career while working for brands like Valvoline (NYSE: VVV), Google, Lyft and more, all while living in what Forbes calls “One of the 10 Happiest Cities to Live In.”
WHO YOU ARE
Smart. Eager. Sponge. The PR Coordinator is someone who simultaneously recognizes both their wealth of potential in this field and their need to study under wise leadership to get them there. The perfect candidate is someone who thrives in a highly social, creative and fast-paced environment and someone who can apply learnings from a vast array of departments to the never-ending perfection of their craft. He/she needs to know the basic fundamentals of PR (writing, AP style, pitching, events, etc) but should expect those conventions to be challenged, improved, and sharpened by a great mix of clients and collaborators here.
WHAT YOU DO
Big is currently searching for a PR Coordinator who can meet agency demands to fuel his/her career fire. The PR Coordinator is responsible for developing media lists, writing/editing press releases, pitching media and interfacing with clients – in addition to assisting senior PR team members with various local, regional and national client initiatives. Must be a team player and a self-starter who shows initiative in completing tasks on time and on budget. This is a better-than-entry-level position that will work with everyone in the organization, from our agency president to an intern. This position reports directly to the Public Relations Lead. Relocation package included.
– Assists Senior PR team with media list generation and media pitch efforts
– Writes, edits and distributes releases for variety of industry clients
– Assists in event planning and execution
– Must be comfortable with multitasking and understand the quick pace and changing landscape of agency life
– Must know and write in AP style
– Presentation skills and knowledge of Cision software preferred, but not a must
– Intermittent client travel possible
– MUST have AT LEAST ONE year of agency or similar experience