Big is currently searching for a dynamic and driven self-starter to helm the agency’s public affairs efforts and lead new business development in this space — all while supporting public relations initiatives and execution of strategic plans to maximize client results.
The PA Account Executive must have experience in leading varying aspects of public affairs planning and execution, presenting to internal and external audiences, media relations and writing/editing in AP Style.
Reports directly to PR Lead and Agency CEO.
- Identifies new public affairs business opportunities and works alongside Director of Business Development to secure new institutionally, governmentally or politically driven client relationships
- Understands the political process at all levels of government
- Leads development of awareness-generating grassroots and third-party communications tactics for issues and initiatives — including coalition building, message creation and media placement, among others
- Provides reputation management and trusted counsel for the resolution of multiple public affairs issues
- Collaborates with multiple Big departments on various aspects of public affairs and advocacy campaign planning and execution, including paid media, social media, digital and creative
- Existing political reporter relationships preferred
- Supports PR efforts for existing and new Big accounts, as needed
- AP style writing skills for media outreach, marketing materials and other digital and printed methods of communications
- Presentation skills necessary
- In-state travel for new business development, as needed
- At least 2-3 years of public affairs experience in an agency or through leading or heavy involvement in one or more political campaigns