The PR Intern is responsible for assisting senior public relations strategists with the development of media lists, writing/editing press releases, pitching media, and providing integral grassroots support when needed. Must be a multitasking self-starter who shows initiative in completing jobs on time to his/her best ability.
Reports directly to the PR Lead.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate would be a lover of doing, not simply observing: a hardworking self- starter eager to contribute to a fast-paced team. The PR Intern must have above average written and oral communication skills, problem-solving skills, and a fine eye for detail. An ability to assist with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is critical. This person should have academic training and/or real-world experience in public relations, marketing, and social media execution.
- Assists Senior PR team with various pitches, event activation, and media list generation
- Writing skills with AP style knowledge
- Drafts and edits press releases for variety of industry clients
- Must be comfortable with multitasking and understand the quick-pace and changing
landscape of agency life
- Knowledge of Cision software preferred, but not a must