Young. Hungry. Wide Open. Big is seeking a genuinely inspired and seasoned senior account executive with 5+ years agency experience that’s looking to join a national award-winning agency in a small agency atmosphere. Here, we don’t simply ask people to fulfill a list of tasks – we expect all of our team members to help make us better by contributing to our unorthodox culture while being awesome at their jobs.
This position requires a person who is a constant builder of great relationships (both internal and external), a hero for the brands they serve, and a respected representative of the agency among our clients and in the community. This position requires a diligent self-starter that already exhibits the necessary skills of the Senior account management discipline who’s looking for their chance to shine. Big is looking for those willing to be pushed, challenged, inspired, welcomed, diversified, multiplied, and appreciated.
THE SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE at Big is responsible for daily contact/management between the agency and assigned client Senior accounts. The senior account executive interfaces with all agency departments and management staff to manage projects from inception to completion on behalf of the client. This includes but is not limited to ongoing communication with the management, creative, content public relations, interactive, production and traffic teams concerning all aspects of client’s work.
The senior account executive has significant input in developing strategic marketing plans and recommendations for their clients. The senior account executive initiates and is a key team member in all aspects of planning and strategic direction. As plans are developed and presented to clients, the Senior account executive is responsible for ensuring all deadlines and objectives of the plan or projects are met on a daily basis.
The senior account executive is also responsible for maintaining existing business and identifying new business from existing clients where appropriate. The senior account executive should perform as the leader and ultimate responsible party of each of their assigned senior accounts both internally and externally.
Reports to the Director of Accounts and/or assigned Account Supervisor
- Manages all day-to-day activity for assigned clients.
- Keeps consistently apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Meets and communicates with assigned clients regularly both in person and electronically including weekly status calls/meetings as appropriate. Maintains ongoing weekly status report for each client.
- Receives client briefings. Completes client contact reports for all significant client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays any project changes to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other agency team members in these functions as needed.
- Acts as the primary agency resource for all current client information. Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Checks daily for and responds quickly to all client communications, including calls, emails, text messages, etc.
- Proofs and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Maintains assigned client budgets. Meets with business team and reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of senior accounts receivable.
- Informs Director of accounts regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves same immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Manages and coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Is responsible for organized collection and maintenance of all client data, communication, and resources both physical and digital.
- Represents agency at client, industry, and community functions as requested.
- 5+ years agency or relative experience required -Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Good financial skills (budget management/tracking)