The Senior Media Strategist is responsible for developing and implementing media plans, managing spend against the campaign budget, and tracking the results. This person must be well-versed in all aspects of media buying, in both traditional and nontraditional, and should be alert to changes and new opportunities of interest to clients and compatible with client goals or objectives.
In addition, this role requires collaboration with all agency departments in the form of developing and presenting consumer research and insights, strategic communications planning and identifying optimizations that will drive campaigns forward.
This position reports to the Media Director.
- Develop strategy and provide spherical thinking that enables implementation of media plans to meet client goals.
- Present media plans and/or POV’s clearly in writing and orally.
- Development of client presentations or consumer insights decks.
- Responsible for tracking, recommending and implementing digital optimization for assigned clients.
- Responsible for articulating insights and accurate reporting for assigned clients.
- Understand agency profitability of assigned clients and allocate time spent based on budgets parameters.
- Supervise execution of traditional and digital campaigns for assigned clients.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with all media vendors.
- Set and maintain budgets, oversight of quarterly reconciliation, reporting, and quarterly post analysis reports for assigned clients.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure the most cost-effective buys and most efficient placements.
- Research and compile statistics on campaign KPIs, for personal reference and to educate client service team members and assigned clients.
- Participation on a pitch team or contribution to new business proposals as needed.
- Work to expand knowledge on changing media technology and practices.
- Maintain a positive, energetic attitude when discussing media with the media team and other departments.
- Establish rapport and trust with all agency staff members, in every department.
- Five + years of media planning and/or buying experience in an agency environment.
- Experience in both digital and traditional media channels.
- Proven track record of creating and giving effective oral and visual presentations.
- Knowledge of SBMS/Strata, SQAD, Nielsen, DoubleClick, Oracle, ComScore, Google Analytics and Scarborough platforms.
- Understanding of Apple Suite and Microsoft Office platforms.