THE SOCIAL STRATEGIST is responsible for the successful management of social media strategy for client brands. The role requires an innovator, a trendsetter, a progressive thinker who can connect digital to all other aspects of a client business and drive growth opportunities.
The Social Strategist oversees the social media integration techniques that bridge web, mobile, creative, gaming, and digital media, etc., and provides solutions to multi- service clients based on consumer insight. This person must have a love of the new, a passion for digital trends, and an understanding of consumers and brands.The Social Strategist works within the content and strategy teams, and closely partners with the agency’s account, PR, digital, media and content teams.
The Social Strategist’s primary responsibility is to act as a member of the content team in developing “big ideas” driven by value exchanges between consumers/users and brands/businesses. This person evaluates consumer research, brand information, trends and relevant data in order to recommend social media touch points and creative communications solutions. The Social Strategist must be able to spot trends, see the digital future and understand consumer behavior, matching these with brand desires to create truly beneficial opportunities and solutions. This would include making recommendations on all necessary software to effectively conduct business for our clients, from social listening tools and posting programs to WordPress plugins and more.
In addition, the Social Strategist is not simply a thinker, but a hard core doer. He/she is responsible for not simply the strategy and concepts behind social campaigns, but also its planning and implementation. The SS will work closely with content creators/ producers to ensure brand voice of social posts and to ensure that all elements (links, video, photos, polls, etc) meet relevant quality standards.
Specific Prospect Characteristics:
- 4-7 years experience representing a brand on social media channels. Agency experience preferred.
- Provides extensive knowledge of, and preferably, hands-on experience with as wide an array as possible of social communication methods.
- Ensures a strategic focus throughout the entire lifecycle of a project.
- Partners with Media to provide insightful reporting and analytics on all social projects.
- Finds opportunities to keep the rest of the agency current on the latest social trends and updates to social platform policies and algorithms.
- Balances analytical approaches with creative thinking and long- term vision.
- Can develop presentations and effectively present social insights to clients.
- Develop quarterly goals and objectives for clients and social team.