Big is looking for a motivated, organized, and extremely detailed person for the position of Production Coordinator. The coordinator works with the Client Operations Manager on the production of all agency related creative to include, but not limited to print collateral, promotional items, videos, and commercial spots. They collaborate and communicate with internal teams and external partners in the execution of agency production. They have strong organizational skills, are decisive within the scope of the position’s responsibilities, and use consistent discretion and good judgment. The ideal candidate is able to work autonomously, but has a collaborative approach to solving problems.
The Production Coordinator reports to the Client Operations Manager
- Oversees day-to-day execution of production schedules as they relate to video, radio, and print and promotional materials.
- Assists in the preparation of production estimates based on briefings from Client Operations Manager, Project Managers, Account Executives, and project kick off meetings.
- Assists in the supervision of all production work performed by vendors (printers, directors, editors, colorists, audio engineers, etc.).
- Creates, updates, and communicates/distributes timelines, production status documents, call sheets, and pre pro books.
- Maintains reference files for vendors of various products and services, categorized by quality, price and turnaround.
- Tracks and appropriately files vendor documents, estimates and invoices, insurance certificates, and talent/art/location releases.
- Works with Client Operations Manager and Creative Director to ensure the highest quality results on every job.
- Responsible for tracking and renewal of talent and photo, music, and clip licensing and assists in updates and renewals as needed.
- Assists Client Operations Manager in research and execution of agency production templates, processes, and reference documents as needed.
Print / Collateral Production
- Responsible for reviewing print files by ensuring all artwork is proofread and approved before sending to the vendor for production.
- Responsible for ensuring deliveries of collateral and promotional materials and coordinates delivery schedules with office manager and/or account executive.
Video / Photography / Radio Production
- Assists with VO casting, booking voiceover sessions, transcription services, music production, and sound design sessions as needed.
- Liaise with Client Operations Manager and video team to review options for preferred crew and update option sheet to keep all information organized.
- Assists in the organization of all aspects of a shoot within the approved budget (including coordinating booking crew, locations, and talent. .
- Maintains positive relationships with network of crew (Directors, DP’s, AC’s, G+E, Hair Stylist, Make-up Artists, Set Designers/Prop Stylist, etc.) and stay abreast of existing and new talent for future projects.
- Works closely with the internal teams (e.g., Project Management, Account Management, and Creative) to keep all teams updated on latest status of shoots.
- On set photo and video shoot support.
- Traffics assets internally and externally during post production.
- Maintains and archives job folders for all shoots.
- Coordinates the inbound and outbound delivery of shoot footage, photography, client assets, graphics, and other electronic materials to and from in-house editors and external production companies, sharing assets with the video team and storing on the server.
Budget / Accounting
- Assists with proper management/processing of financial data and records in the production department, including estimates, invoices, purchase orders, credit card reconciliations, etc.
- Works closely with the Client Operations Manager on budget forecasting, reporting, and monthly accounts close of production related projects.
- Reviews invoices and settles billing discrepancies with vendors on select projects; obtains approval for project overages from account executives.
Production Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Possess strong time and project management skills.
- Talent for anticipating needs.
- Resourceful, nimble, and adaptable to shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently and productively when there is down-time.
- Service oriented with a problem-solving, no-job-is-too-small attitude.
- Demonstrate exceptional and consistent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Adept at general administrative tasks such as budgeting, data entry, and word processing.
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in film, communications, marketing, advertising, management or related field.
- Previous experience as a production coordinator or production assistant or internship experience in advertising or production companies are an asset.
- Familiarity with all aspects of production to facilitate effective communication.
- Comfort with mathematics and financial data.