Big is looking for a motivated, passionate, and extremely detailed person for the position of Project Coordinator. The coordinator works with the Client Operations team to assign projects with appropriate resources promptly and accurately within the project management system. They maintain and provide information about current projects and potential future projects, as well as support the team with any special projects that come up. They have strong organizational skills, are decisive within the scope of the position’s responsibilities, and use consistent discretion and good judgment. The ideal candidate is able to work autonomously, but has a collaborative approach to solving problems. This position requires persistence in following up and following through, with a willingness to work with people at all levels of the organization.
The Project Coordinator reports to the Client Operations Manager.
- Serves as operational partner with the account team, and works as the communications hub between the various agency disciplines (account management, strategy, media, content, creative, interactive, public relations and operations).
- Oversees day-to-day project workflow through prioritizing requests, coordinating deliverables and scheduling work within project management software.
- Consults Client Operations Manager on resource availability to schedule and coordinate creative work, including scheduling related meetings and aligning staff.
- Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools from concept to completion.
- Conducts weekly workflow meetings, and attends monthly billing meetings. Prepares project budget and hours reports for billing meetings.
- Assists with monitoring project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Generates status reports and assists Client Operations Manager in conducting post project evaluation.
- Maintains and disseminates all project documentation including status reports, scopes of work, change orders, project schedules, budgets and time analyses.
- Assists with file management and archiving. Ensures that all project documentation follows internal documentation processes, and is reviewed and approved.
- Coordinates project purchases, working with vendors and third parties as necessary. Issues purchase orders and tracks project expenses. Alerts when project expenses are needed or incurred, and obtains appropriate approvals to purchase.
- Raises awareness of project issues and potential risks, and works with appropriate personnel to develop solutions. Diplomatically facilitates communication among team members.
- Maintains agency systems associated with project/resource management, financial management, opportunities management, and time accounting.
- Assists with management of project financial lifecycle, including invoices, estimates, budget reconciliation and project close-out.
- Assists with maintenance of opportunities and forecast data, generates reports as needed.
- 1+ years of experience in project management, project trafficking, and or project management assistance
- Experience in Word/Pages, Excel, Outlook, and common computer skills
- Strong problem-solving ability for whatever comes your way
- Deals well with ambiguity and a free-flowing work environment while also being able to work within strategic systems
- Calendar management and scheduling experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Loads of common sense, passion, responsibility, and confidence
- A bend towards perfection in all that we do
- A real knack for internal communications between departments
- Eagerness to learn how an agency functions and how departments work together
- A positive attitude