The Public Relations Intern is responsible for assisting Big’s PR team with the development of media lists, writing/editing press releases, pitching local/regional/national media, and providing integral grassroots support when needed. Must be a multitasking self-starter who shows initiative in completing jobs on time to his/her best ability. Reports directly to PR Account Manager.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate would be a lover of doing, not simply observing: a hardworking self- starter eager to contribute to a fast-paced team. The PR Intern must have AP style knowledge, excellent oral communication and problem-solving skills, and a fine eye for detail. An ability to assist with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is critical – as is the ability to take direction from superiors in order to grow his/her PR acumen. This person should have academic training and/or real-world experience in public relations, marketing, and social media execution.
• Assists PR team with various pitches, event activations, and media list generation
• Drafts and edits press releases for variety of industry clients
• Must be comfortable with multitasking and understand the quick-pace and changing
landscape of agency life
• Writing skills with AP style knowledge
• Knowledge of Cision software preferred, but not a must