Big is looking for a Receptionist to be responsible for greeting clients and visitors to our office. You will be in charge of giving clients directions to various parts of the office, contacting employees regarding visitors, answering phones and taking messages, and sorting and distributing mail. You will be the face of Big for everyone that comes in the front door. You will be the main lead on all things hospitality for clients and employees.
To be successful in this role, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, you will be super outgoing and love making the perfect cup of coffee that could really make someone’s day, and have a personality that screams “I am so glad to be here and that you are here!”. The Receptionist sets the tone of the office each day by helping us create an environment that makes employees happy to come back in each day and clients excited when they get to have a meeting at Big.
The Receptionist reports to the Talent and Culture Lead.
- Greet clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Assisting clients in finding their way around the office.
- Announcing clients as necessary.
- Helping maintain parking permits for employees and assisting with parking for guests
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, faxing, taking notes and other needs to assist the BizOps Team.
- Preparing meeting rooms prior to meetings and resetting them after meetings/events.
- Assisting colleagues with administrative tasks.
- Performing ad-hoc administrative duties.
- Answering, forwarding, and screening phone calls in a professional manner.
- Sorting and distributing mail.
- Working with part-time operations staff members.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Help the team with small tasks that make a HUGE difference (i.e. taking out the trash, keeping common areas clean, doing the dishes on a daily basis, keeping coffee brewed, etc.)
- Scheduling appointments.
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills
- Background and understanding of the importance of business hospitality
- Experience working in a fast paced, creative environment
- Comfort around leadership and executive staff
- Apple computer skills, in general as well as Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Good time management and self-management skills
- A positive attitude with a “yes I can” mentality