Young. Hungry. Wide Open. Big has current open senior account management position opportunities in the fields of healthcare and automotive. Big is seeking a genuinely inspired and seasoned senior account executives with 8+ years relevant agency experience in account management that are looking to join a national award-winning agency in a small agency atmosphere. Here, we don’t simply ask people to fulfill a list of tasks – we expect all of our team members to help make us better by contributing to our unorthodox culture while being awesome at their jobs.
This position requires a person who is a constant builder of great relationships (both internal and external), a hero for the brands they serve, and a respected representative of the agency among our clients and in the community. This position requires a diligent self-starter that already exhibits the necessary skills of the senior account management discipline who’s looking for their chance to shine. Big is looking for those willing to be pushed, challenged, inspired, welcomed, diversified, multiplied, and appreciated.
The Senior Account Executive at Big is responsible for retention of and daily contact/management between the agency and assigned client accounts. The senior account executive interfaces with all agency departments and management to manage projects and annual plans from inception to completion on behalf of the client. This includes but is not limited to ongoing communication with the management, creative, content public relations, interactive, production and traffic teams concerning all aspects of client’s work.
The senior account executive has significant input in developing strategic marketing plans and recommendations for their clients. The senior account executive initiates and is a key team member in all aspects of planning and strategic direction. As plans are developed and presented to clients, the senior account executive is responsible for ensuring all deadlines and objectives of the plan or projects are met on a daily basis.
The senior account executive is also responsible for maintaining existing business and identifying organic new business from existing clients where appropriate to client objectives. The senior account executive should perform as the leader and ultimate responsible party of each of their assigned accounts both internally and externally.
Reports to assigned Account Director/Supervisor and ultimately the Director of Accounts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Builds and develops healthy and effective relationships inside and outside of the agency.
- Responsible for assigned client management, growth, and retention.
- Manages all day-to-day activity and communication for assigned clients.
- Keeps consistently apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Meets and communicates with assigned clients regularly in person, via telephone and electronically including weekly status calls/meetings as appropriate. Maintains ongoing weekly status report for each client delivered to supervisor.
- Receives client briefings. Develops client project briefs as well as contact reports for all significant client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays any project changes to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively develops presentations with team support, presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other agency team members in these functions as needed.
- Develop persuasive summary and recommendation documents for presentation to client and agency decision-makers
- Acts as the primary agency resource for all current client information. Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Checks daily for and responds within min 24 hours to all client communications, including calls, emails, text messages, etc.
- Proofs and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Maintains daily assigned client budgets. Meets with business team and reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of senior accounts receivable. Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Informs direct supervisor and Director of Accounts regularly on account progress for all assigned clients; involves supervisor or Director of Accounts immediately in event of significant client situations.
- Manages and coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel as well as preparing and delivering prompt project production schedules to client.
- Is responsible for organized collection and maintenance of all client data, communication, and resources both physical and digital.
- Represents agency at client, industry, and community functions as requested.
- 8+ years minimum agency account management experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial skills (budget management/tracking/projections)
- Understanding of development and production of creative materials for current print, broadcast, digital, social, content, out of home, and direct marketing platforms.
- Understanding of current forms of traditional and digital media and public relations planning including social and content platforms.